"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." - Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Last Words Of The Day

I walked into Marissa's room a little while ago to relieve her dad after nearly an hour long attempt at getting her to go to sleep.  I sat down in the rocking chair beside her crib and, in a firm voice, I told her "Marissa, playtime is over.  It is time to go to sleep.  Now."  

You know what she said to me?

"Uh-oh Mama"

Do you think I got my point across?






7 comments:

Janice said...

I'm tellin ya...that child knows more than she's letting out. LOL I am still cracking up. I think she realized she can't mess too much with her mama. Priceless!!

Big Huggs Big Kisses.
Janice
aka Grandma Utah

Anonymous said...

Janice....I have to agree. LOL. That little toot knows her limits with Mama but like all kids, just has to push to the limit and then stick her hairy little toe over the line just enough to see who's in charge! Guess she found out...lol. My question to you Alicia...did she EVER go back to sleep?? lol
Love,
Nana

Michelle said...

Aren't they just little stinkers??

Lillian has been on Pulmicort for over a year now...but I will be asking about the vit c. Thanks for your support! Michelle

Anonymous said...

Those are some SAWEEEET kicks!!! I have a pair of velcro shoes too. My Favorites!

Hope said...

You know why she wouldn't sleep? Because she's waiting for someone (not naming names) to finish their story! lol

Anxious AF said...

That is sweet! Was it hard not to smile or laugh!???!

Michelle said...

Oh boy!!! Life and times with a todler! Not just any todler, but a special needs one at that!

I agree with Hope on this one, she's waiting for you to finish this love story you started.

And I'm guess that anonymous thing was from our crazy bro Bri Bri and if so..... I LOVE VELCRO TOOOOO!!!

Love you and hope she sleeps tonight!

Love,
Auntie Chelle