"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." - Shel Silverstein

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mahna Mahna

First of all, let me just thank all of you who left me messages of encouragement and support. As my friend Shannon said...

"Do you mean to tell me...wait, I can hardly say it....(pause for me clearing my throat and tearing up)...you mean to say that you're...oh my here it comes....OMgsh.....HUMAN?!>#$ And I had such high hopes for you! Man what am I to do now?"

I do understand I am only human and we all go through those really bad mommy moments. Thank you all for reminding me of that. :)

And yes, we did have a better day. We apologized to each other and then had an unspoken truce for the rest of the day. Then yesterday, she was up to most of her old antics, but I kept my cool. (for the most part ;)

Now on to the title of the post... enjoy!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, I've had a very hard last two days and that totally made my day. I LOVE it! HYSTERICAL. She's so darn cute!! The song and the pics....so cute!

The VW's said...

Her expressions are priceless! What a character! She and that song made me smile! Thanks! :)

Hope said...

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until today. Please don't feel bad about losing your temper. You may be a new mom, but you are a supermom. You not only have to be her Mom, but also her doctor, nurse, therapist, cook, maid, hairdresser, etc.. I really could go on and on. You need to vent!!

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Marissa is beautiful, as always!

Kendra said...

We LOVE that song! Great smile at the end!

John and Jenna Gensic said...

What a character!

Jenna

Nana and PaPa said...

Marissa is SO delightful! This was just the ticket today for my grousing mood. If these pictures don't at least make you smile, check to see if you have a pulse! She is so cute....and I think she knows it! lol
Love,
Nana & PaPa
P.S. LOVE the song! It's just perfectly whimsical, mixed with a little muppet type silliness...LOVE it!

Queen Mommy said...

Hi, I found you from McKMama's blog. My dd (one of twins) also had a trach and g-tube. She had the trach until she was about 18 months (tracheomalacia), and the g-tube until she was about 3-1/2 (it was placed at birth due to esophageal atresia, which basically means her esophagus wasn't connected to her stomach).

I was reading your Story of Us, and it reminds me a lot of our experience with the twins. Glad Marissa is feeling better! Pneumonia can be a nasty thing for trached kiddos. Lily still catches it at least once or twice a winter (last winter she was sick more often than not, but this winter hasn't been too bad, thank goodness).

Good luck with the potty training! It looks like Marissa is doing very well. The whole potty thing has been a work in progress for us. Lily didn't start walking until she was 3-1/2, which has complicated things a bit. Still, I know she'll catch on eventually.

Anonymous said...

Marissa has such a beautiful smile and for the most part seems pretty happy. We all have our bad days.
Hang in there Mom, wife, nurse, etc.etc. Love Aunt Teri and Uncle Norm