"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." - Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cry first, then smile and laugh!

These videos have been a long time coming. Enjoy, but get some kleenex first!

This one is from when Marissa was in the NICU, with the last picture being the day she came home.

I decided to put a bunch of cute and funny pictures of Marissa to her absolute favorite song of all time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um thanks for the warning of needing tissues! I can't believe how far she has come! She just is amazing! I look back at the NICU pictures and just can't believe you went through that. How did we make it? It all just seems like forever ago, and yet it seems just like yesterday. I LOVE The picture of her flipping the NICU off on her last day there!!! That was great! I've been blessed to be here with you for all the tears and laughter. through the ups and downs. I'm glad I can be here for you guys and fuss over Marissa!
Thanks for those posts! I LOVE this blog!!

Love you tons,
Auntie Chelle

Nana and PaPa said...

How many boxes of kleenex did you say I'd need?? LOL...How absolutely precious this child is. She has touched each one of us in so many miraculous ways. Like Michelle said, it seems an eternity ago when she was in the NICU..but also only yesterday. It's amazing to see how much she's changed and grown! I remember the feelings of anxiety not knowing whether she would even survive her firt week or 2 of life...and NOW look at her! Wow! What a delight! What a strong spirited sprite! She is definately a gift from God Himself..special delivery to you two as parents..and to us (her lucky family) She holds a very special place in soft hearted PaPa's heart as well as mine. Marissa is SPECIAL! Hugs aad plenty of kisses from Nana & PaPa.
Love,
Nana & PaPa

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I miss you guys so stinking much!!!! I asked mom when we are coming to visit! Love you all and love this blog!!!!
Love Auntie katelynn!!