"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." - Shel Silverstein

Friday, June 11, 2010

Surgery

Rissa is in the PICU for at least overnight. She did really well through the surgery. It was a long one; five hours but a lot of that was the doctor trying to get the graft to get into the right spot. It was just being stubborn! True to Rissa form, she made Dr. P earn her paycheck today!


She is now resting comfortably and Dr. P is hopeful she will be out of here tomorrow. Let's pray for that!

Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. Keep 'em coming!

8 comments:

Hope said...

I'm praying!!

Michelle and Sean said...

I'm so happy things seem to be going well!! I will keep her in my prayers! Way to go Marissa!!

I really hope she does get released tomorrow that would be great!!

Candace said...

Oh man, I sure hope she does well thru the night!

Shauna Quintero said...

Praying for you guys! She's going to be up jumping around in no time!

Queen Mommy said...

Praying for you all! So glad things went well, and I hope the surgery is a big success!

Sherry C said...

Oh wow PICU I hope your home tomorrow I've been busy with 4 kids, Track meets, graduations I'm falling behind I didn't realize the surgery was happening I'm glad it's over now I pray she is home tomorrow and your listening to that beautiful voice of hers.

Dana said...

Hoping you are home quickly. Glad things went well.

The VW's said...

Glad to hear it went well! Praying Marissa continues to do well and that you all will make it home again soon! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!